The Red Deer River Watershed Alliance (RDRWA) wishes to notify our members that Executive Director Josée Méthot has tendered her resignation and is pursuing an opportunity in a new city. Her last day with the RDRWA will be March 30th, 2022. Read the official letter of notice here.
The RDRWA is thankful for Josée’s many contributions to the RDRWA. In her role as Executive Director since September 2020, Josée has provided steady leadership, advanced key programs, and increased our impact. As a result, the RDRWA is in a strong position for our next chapter.
RDRWA Executive Director Job Posting
The Executive Director is responsible for enabling the achievement of the RDRWA’s vision, mission, and strategic objectives as guided by the organizations policies, and in accordance with the RDRWA’s Bylaws. The Executive Director is responsible for leading the operations of the organization, including strategic planning, governance, administration, finances, partnerships, programs, project management and communications. The Executive Director reports directly to the RDRWA Board of Directors.
We are seeking an individual who possesses the following qualities and skills:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic work environment
- Strong communicator, motivator, and builder of relationships
- Sound organizational, program development and project management skills
- Effective manager and leader of staff, volunteers, and contract personnel
- Experience in working with volunteer boards and non-profit organizations
- Committed to strong financial controls, governance excellence and organizational policy development
- Experience with grant application and contract management processes and the development of effective fund-raising activities
- Understanding of Alberta’s watershed management challenges, strategies, and plans
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, bookkeeping software, and social media
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
The ideal candidate is a seasoned manager with at least 5 years related experience and possesses a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a related discipline [e.g. Geography, Environmental Sciences/Engineering, Natural Resource Conservation]. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
More information about the RDRWA can be found on our website at https://www.rdrwa.ca.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected.
Please submit your resume, the names of 3 business references and salary expectations to the RDRWA Executive Director Recruitment Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.